The Melges 24.
Majoring in Fun.
|Length||24 ft||7.82 m|
|Beam||8 ft 2 in||2.499 m|
|Draft||5 ft||1.52 m|
|Weight||1,783 lbs||809 kg|
|Main||264 sq ft||21.0 m2|
|Jib||126 sq ft||12.0 m2|
|Spinnaker||670 sq ft||55.9 m2|
|Crew||2-5 (Typical Crew is 4)|
- 2017 Melges 24 North American Tour, Stage Three - Canadian Nationals Registration Now Open, September 21-24
- Happy Holidays From Melges!
- 2016 Melges 24 World Championship Day 5: Embarr and Taki 4 Crowned World Champions, in Overall and Corinthian Division Respectively
Class Association & Social Media
The reputation of the Melges 24® precedes itself. Best known for its very competitive disposition and easy-to-sail personality, this modern sportboat maintains its status as a leader in high-performance, one design yachting. With more than 800 boats sold, it continues a humbling tradition of America's Cup, Olympic Medallists, Volvo Ocean Race recruitment. Looking to improve on tactics and boat handling skills? The Melges 24 builds better sailors.
- Features high-tech components and materials such as a carbon fiber spar, rudder, bowsprit and vertical keel fin
- Fun and easy to sail as well as rig; only requires two sets of hands for a super quick setup
- Can be launched via hoist or ramp; it's a pleasure to tow
- Typically sailed with a crew of four