The Melges 24.
Majoring in Fun.
|Length||24 ft||7.82 m|
|Beam||8 ft 2 in||2.499 m|
|Draft||5 ft||1.52 m|
|Weight||1,783 lbs||809 kg|
|Main||264 sq ft||21.0 m2|
|Jib||126 sq ft||12.0 m2|
|Spinnaker||670 sq ft||55.9 m2|
|Crew||2-5 (Typical Crew is 4)|
- 2014 Melges 24 National Championship Reaches 25 Early Entries, 2015 Nationals Venue Announced
- Audi Tron Taking More Action But The Games Are Not Over Yet
- The Melges 24 World Championship 2015 Is Open For Entries Now!
- International Melges 24 Class Association
- Official International Melges 24 Blog
- Melges 24 on YouTube
- Follow IM24CA on Twitter
- 2009 Melges 24 Yearbook (PDF - 2.1 MB)
- 2008 Melges 24 Yearbook (PDF - 3.0 MB)
- The Melges 24 Experience (PDF - 3.0 MB)
- 2010 Melges 24 Presentation (PDF - 838 KB)
- 2010 Melges Performance Sailboats (PDF - 4.6 MB)
blog.Melges24.com RSS Feed
The reputation of the Melges 24® precedes itself. Best known for its very competitive disposition and easy-to-sail personality, this modern sportboat maintains its status as a leader in high-performance, one design yachting. With more than 800 boats sold, it continues a humbling tradition of America's Cup, Olympic Medallists, Volvo Ocean Race recruitment. Looking to improve on tactics and boat handling skills? The Melges 24 builds better sailors.
- Features high-tech components and materials such as a carbon fiber spar, rudder, bowsprit and vertical keel fin
- Fun and easy to sail as well as rig; only requires two sets of hands for a super quick setup
- Can be launched via hoist or ramp; it's a pleasure to tow
- Typically sailed with a crew of four